After earning his Ph.D. in brewing from the University of Brussels in Belgium, an honor only a handful of brewers have achieved, Keith came back stateside with the idea of crafting beers inspired by Belgian styles, but with a twist. His first interpretation turned out to be our most popular beer, Blue Moon® Belgian White* and the start of the Blue Moon Brewing Company®. Since then, Keith has gone on to brew several award-winning beers. Today, Keith continues to have fun experimenting and creating new beers for Blue Moon. When he’s not standing over a kettle, you can find him restoring classic American cars and bikes in his garage.
John’s story starts about an hour north of Denver in another Craft-beer-centric town—Fort Collins, Colorado. After winning awards for his homebrews, he knew he wanted to brew for a living. He worked his way up at small breweries, honing his brewing skills, until one day he got the call to join Blue Moon Brewing Company® in 1995. Here from the start, John has helped the brewery bring home several medals from beer festivals as well as create many of our Blue Moon® seasonals and specialty beers. In his spare time, John takes advantage of the Colorado landscape. An avid outdoorsman, you might just run into him hiking the backcountry.
At Blue Moon Brewing Company®, everything we do flows from our artistic approach to brewing. It’s been that way ever since we first started brewing back in 1995. We carefully select quality ingredients to go into each of our beers. Then we spend time making test batches until we arrive at a balanced, flavorful beer that we all enjoy drinking.
And that is why we say our beers, and everything we do, are Artfully Crafted®.
- 2010 Large Brewer/Brewmaster of the Year, Great American Beer Festival
- 2010 Blue Moon® Chardonnay Blonde*, Fruit Beer
- 2010 Blue Moon® Summer Honey Wheat, Specialty Honey Beer
- 2007 Blue Moon® Honey Moon Summer Ale, Specialty Honey Lager or Ale
- 2006 Blue Moon® Honeymoon, Specialty Honey Lager or Ale
- 2006 Blue Moon® Chardonnay Blonde Ale*, Fruit Beer
- 1996 Blue Moon® Honey Blonde, Belgian-Style Ale
- 2008 Blue Moon® Honey Moon Summer Ale, Specialty Honey Beer
- 2008 Large Brewer/Brewmaster of the Year
- 2008 Blue Moon® Honey Moon Summer Ale, Specialty Honey Lager or Ale
- 1998 Blue Moon® Abbey Ale**, Belgian-Style Pale Ale
- 2008 Blue Moon® Chardonnay Blonde*, Fruit and Vegetable Beer
- 2012 Blue Moon® Vintage Blond Ale*, Fruit Wheat Beer.
- 2012 Blue Moon® Caramel Apple Spiced Ale, Herb and Spice Beer
- 2012 Blue Moon® Farmhouse Red Ale, French and Belgian-Style Saison
*Currently known as Golden Knot™ **Currently Known as Mountain Abbey Ale